As today starts the New Year, I think I need to take a moment to reflect on 2014. Last year was not one of the greatest years, but it was filled with life lessons and some pretty great moments in general. Although 2014 has brought about way too many tears and sleepless nights, there are few things I would like to highlight from my year and the things that I am thankful for.
- One of the first things that I am thankful for is my family. Without the support of my family, this year would be particularly unbearable. I am especially thankful for my mom. Although we are not always on the same page and she nags me all the time, I know at the end of the day she is there for me. She has seen me at my best and at the ugliest moments this year. She supports my dreams and pushes me to be the best that I can be. She cries when I cry and laughs at me (not with me). She is truly a super woman. I do not know what I would do without her. Also there is my niece and nephew who brighten my day by always reminding me to appreciate the little things in life, like the sound of their laughter and spending precious moments with people you love. There is also Tamaia, my little sister, she reminds me that no matter what, someone is there to looking up to you and inspiring to be you (even when you are far from perfect). My family as a whole are the people I spend the most time with, and know me for my true self.
- I am also thankful for my Greek Family. These individuals are more than just college friends, but they are truly my family. I would include them in number one, but they deserve their own separate category. I cannot say enough good things about these individuals. First person I am truly thankful for is my amazing big. She is one of my best friends and also someone who has taught me so much about life. Although she is hundreds of miles away at school we have been able to stay as close as if she was still two minutes away. She is inspiring and has such a bright future. I am thankful that she is in my life. She has taught me to never give up even when all the odds are stacked against you. Next person I am thankful for is Brandon, my dad. Dad and father are more than words or pronouns. A dad is someone who is there for you no matter what happens, someone you inspire to be, and someone that you can laugh and cry with. Brandon is someone who is truly a friend and one of the most stable male figures in my life. Last but not least, my sorority Little Rachel. Rachel is such an amazing person that I cannot say enough good things about her. She is that positive person that always sees the light at the end of the tunnel . I do not know what I would do without our family dinners and random adventure.
- I am also thankful for my amazing friends. I do not know what I would do without these people who choose to be friends with my awkward and sometimes weird self. Some people in particular I want to thank is Katie, Jordyn, Jessica, Mara W., Ciara, Mike, Emily C., Alicia and so many more. Katie, you are simply awesome. You have helped me readjust after my semester off. You make me question my opinions, and argue with me like no one else can. I love that you are my A-babe. You are truly a blessing. Thank you for being my opposite on so many things and also being able to talk and laugh with me all the time. Jordyn thank you for becoming a new friend, and sharing so many memories within the past few months. You are truly a unique and amazing person. Jess, you are someone who sees me at my worse in all of my snapchats, but always reply back. I am enjoying watching your little man grow through all the amazing snapchats I get. Thanks for allowing me to rant and have a friend to talk to regardless if I am at home or school. Ciara, although we do not see each other often, you are one of my most stable friends. You have been there since the first week of college. I enjoy our random conversation and being able to have someone who is there no matter what happens. Someone who I can share all of my fun stories and mistakes with. I am glad you can live vicariously through my hot mess of a life. Alicia because I could always count on her to relieve me from some stressful moment during this semester, and it is nice having a little sister on campus. She was there to play board games with me on Thursday nights and avoid homework like it was our job. Lastly, Emily Clark you are the most determined and ambitious person I know. You are someone who is is dependable and can psychoanalysis people with me. We share the same mutual dislikes as well. Our rant sessions were always needed, and you introduced me to some pretty awesome music. Also I do not know anyone who can twerk with as much passion as you! You are such an amazing person and I hope that you can see what you have to offer the world. Sorry for all those I missed. I truly appreciate all my friends, but these few have been there for me day in and day out.
- I am thankful for all the moments of laughter because they helped me remember the good in the world.
- I am thankful for good wine and good times because there were some really good moments this year and memories that will last a life time.
- For the tough time because you could never enjoy the good times if it was not for the bad times. They made me stronger and to better than I was before.
- Lastly I want to thank God. He wakes me up every morning and helps me through the toughest of days. Without him this year would not be possible.
Again I am thankful for a lot this year. Cannot wait to see what 2015 has in store.